Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Thursday, November 17, 2005

I have a little QuitTime meter that sits in the toolbar on my computer and keeps me apprised at a glance of how long it's been since I quit smoking. My meter, as of today, reads:

---
11m 2w 3d 13:15 smoke-free, 10,542 cigs not smoked, $1,317.75 saved, 1m 6d 14:30 life saved


DH has promised me a gift when I hit one year. Technically it will be one year at 9:30 pm on November 30, but I'm looking forward to it nevertheless. There have been many, many times that I thought I'd never make it another day, never mind a whole year! DH did not say, however, whether he'd get me a big gift or a little gift. I sent him to this website as a suggestion:

Click here.

4 Comments:

  • The link just said your store session timed out, but if it's an iPod tell your husband you do really deserve it ;-)

    By Blogger Charleen, at 5:52 PM  

  • Congratulations!
    Quitting smoking is definitely one of those life-changing beneficial actions...but you won't believe some of the random urges that will just pop out of nowhere even five years later. Although they get less and less frequent and more and more absurd and easily ignored.
    I think, I've gone this long without one, why relapse now?

    iTunes has some good podcasts in their travel section--I used to listen to one about Spain. And KCRW.org has some of their programs in podcast format.

    By Blogger Wendy, at 7:56 PM  

  • Congratulations! That is wonderful you quit. It is hard to quit smoking. I quit twelve years ago and it was extremely hard and my husband was so patient with me.

    By Blogger Kaye, at 11:37 PM  

  • Great job!! You definitely deserve the video ipod - and lots of stuff to go with it too. Maybe something every year on your quitting anniversary...

    By Blogger Beth, at 5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home