Fiber Arts & Furry Critters

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Presents in the mail!

My contest prize from Christine arrived today! I was having a very busy day and forgot to haunt the mailbox, so it was sitting there unopened for at least a short while. I started opening it as I walked up the driveway, however. Packages in the mail are always very exciting! Inside I found a lovely card from Christine, and this:

Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock, in Amethyst Stripe. She asked for my preferences; my first choice, as usual, was purple, and she came through in spades! This stuff is awesome! My current socks, which only have a few rounds done, will immediately be ditched for this.



She also added this yarn to the package. It's a variegated thin purple cotton. It was giving her a hard time, and I volunteered my home as a safe haven. All purple loves it here.



As soon as I untangle the skein, I'll run it through my handy-dandy yarn meter (purchased through a huge stroke of luck at a sale price from my favorite yarn shop) and see how much is there, so that I can plan a project. I love the color! Thank you so much for the bonus, Christine!!

4 Comments:

  • Glad you liked the surprise tangle..I really hope you have an easier time with it than I did, but I do have a lovely FO scarf. I liked the LL,too, being in my purple phase, but I'm currently overloaded with SIP's, as you can see from my blog. Have fun!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:51 PM  

  • New Purple Yarn. Could anything be better? ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:39 PM  

  • Purple loves my house too! I have been itching to try some Lorna's Laces sock yarn...first on my list is black purl (purples grays and blacks) but this Amethyst stripe looks promising too. I can't wait to see what your new sockies look like!

    By Blogger Theresa, at 5:14 PM  

  • Caroline - did the tangled purple yarn hurt you? I didn't mean that to happen....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home